Are under-clad angel ladies in vision-impairing helmets a thing?
Her over-the top design gets even more hilarious if we consider Angewomon’s “family” among digital monsters. Here’s a selection of them*:
- She’s a distaff counterpart to Angemon (because, of course it’s the female mon whose gender needs to be specified in her name). Needles to say, Angemon is not even shirtless.
- Her previous form is… a kitty (Gatomon/Tailmon).
- Her ultimate form, a heavily-armored Ophan, still has a bared stomach (needles to say, none of Angemon’s more powerful forms have that problem).
- Did I mention she has a more sexualized, evil counterpart? She does.
Funniest thing about Digimon as a franchise: unlike other “mon” genre animes, this one focused on humans fighting for survival/saving the world alongside their monster companions.
A more serious approach than just using the creatures to win gladiatorial combat tournaments and “be the very best”, yet… the silly designs clashed spectacularly with this more realistic approach.
* Just bear with me oversimplifying some relations, digivolution is needlessly complex and confusing.
edit: Fixed the Rob Liefeld link.
edit 2: found out a link to the remark!