While we addressed that this amazing article’s header image references the removal of Tracer’s “look at my butt” pose from Overwatch – I wanted to illustrate how it applies to any censorship vs creative freedom “controversy”, not just Overwatch.
- R. Mika’s butt slap reframing
- Skullgirls select panty shots edited-out
- Fatal Frame’s skimpy costumes replaced for the US release
- Divinity: Original Sin’s artist asked to “self-censor” a metal bikini, GamerGate makes him their martyr saint of creativity
- Mobius Final Fantasy’s dude protagonist having his skin covered… and that’s good? (because dude)
Similarly, the older article that features a pic of R. Mika, could apply to the Overwatch butt case as well.