When submitting, always remember to credit/source the subject. If we’re dropped a picture in our inbox with no way of finding its author/the media it comes from, there’s a very slim chance we’ll publish it here.
Please do not tag us under/submit to us fanart or personal projects as negative examples. We do not feel comfortable with bashing fan/amateur/non-commercial artwork in the same manner as commercial pieces. Positive examples are a fair game, though!
Topics we addressed before:
- This very rare positive example of warrior woman in an Applibot game (proceed the last link with caution – NSFW contents galore)
- The “You’re never happy, aren’t you?” rhetoric and why we’re refuse to be satisfied with token female representation.
- Empowered Superman, as proposed by Gail Simone
- The “This thing is/used to be/should count as porn, therefore female objectification in it shouldn’t be accounted for!” logic
- The “Why would you sexualize men if you’re so critical of sexualizing women?!” rhetoric.
- The 3-D printed Sovereign armor.
- The “Metal Gear Solid totally does sexualization equally across genders! Sexism is over because Raiden was naked once!” argument.
~Ozzie, – wincenworks & -Icy